From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 05 October 2004 04:12
Subject: [ActiveDir Digest]

Subject: [ActiveDir] Minimum Password Age
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:54:27 -0600
From: "Travis Riddle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Our password policy is set up as follows:

Minimum 8 characters
Remember 6 passwords
Maximium Password Age 90 days
Minimum Password Age 15 days
Require Complex passwords

Windows 2003
3 Sites
GC at each site

So we just created approximatly 50 new users and assigned them a semi-generic
passowrd that they need to change upon login.  The problem is they cannot
change their password upon login because it hasn't been 15 days since the
password was created (I assume).  Is this by design? If so how do you get
around it?  How am I suppose to create new users in the future if this is the
case (besides creating them 15 days in
advance)

My first guess at a solution to this problem is to change the minimum password
age to 0, allowing users to change their password immediately. I tried this
and forced a refresh on the machine policy with no luck. Does anyone have any
ideas of what to do?

I now have 50 users that were suppose to be able to be working today not able
to log in unless we change their password to NOT change upon login (so they
all have the same easy to use password).  Am I missing something simple?  Any
idea's are appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis