-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charlie Kaiser
Sent: 02 November 2004 00:47
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] DHCP authorization problem

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Cisco 3640 and 2620s, with a 4006 core switch doing Layer 3 routing.
4. Cleanup on the configs, code updates, additional security; stuff like
that. We went over the configs this AM and everything looked fine, and
once I restarted DHCP, all the subnets got addresses just fine.
5. Yes. I check that one regularly. :-)

I don't even mind that the DHCP server unauthorized, but it would have
been nice if it could reauthorize, or at least show me something that
indicated it had unauthorized. When I looked in the MMC, it gave me an
option to unauthorize, so I assumed (I know) it was still authorized.
Made a stupid mistake, though; I didn't check the system log when I
realized we had a problem. Would have found it much faster.

Is the unauthorizing when DC comms go down behavior by design?

Charlie Kaiser
MCSE, CCNA
Systems Engineer
Essex Credit / Brickwalk