I had a similar problem in the past.  Have you tried logging into the local administrator account?  Then you could set the Net Logon service to Automatic within the Services Snap-In and then attempt to log into the domain after a server reboot.  I did this in the past and everything was good after.

Of course you do not have physical access to the machine so you will have to ask your buddy again for assistance.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Desmond
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 8:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Netlogon won't start

I have a box which is god knows where – not even mine – doing some work for somebody – thus don’t have access to it physically. I was dcpromo’ing it down to a member server over a VPN when I lost my DSL line for a few. When the connection came back up I couldn’t log back in b/c dcpromo had of course stopped netlogon. I had someone bounce the box, but, netlogon still hasn’t started so I still can’t get into it.

Computer Manager won’t connect b/c of netlgoon so I can’t look at eventvwr. Any ideas on how to get this thing so I can log into it?

Thanks.

--Brian Desmond

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Payton on the web! www.wpcp.org