RIS is just one way of doing it.  Any PXE system could be used I would imagine ;)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Noah Eiger
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 4:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] OT: Virtual Server 2005

Thanks all. I will play around with the various methods of duplicating servers (Al, I assume by PXE you mean in combination with RIS? Do you use a virtual RIS server?)

As for the networking portion, I find that when I add a virtual host to a physical card, the virtual machine gets an address from my “real” network.

Also, are there issues with running the host machine on a machine that is joined to a real domain?