-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Your Name
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 11:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] OT: Virtual Server 2005

Thanks.

>From your descriptions, I think I would want to use NAT only on the NIC

connected to the production network. That is, have all of the traffic
from the virtual network appearing as a single address on the
production network.

Since I want everything on the test network (virtual and physical
hosts) to appear on the same subnet, I don't think I want NAT on the
Test NIC. In assigning it a static address on the virtual subnet, does
it become a gateway under RRAS? I'm a little unclear on this, and (I
think) it runs counter to Glenn's recommnedation earlier.

I will try some configurations later in the day.

Greatly appreciate the detailed suggestions.

-- nme

> The Test Physical NIC should be configured with a private IP address
> that is on a subnet unique when compared to your production
environment.
> You mentioned that you assigned static address to your VMs, therefore
> you Test Physical NIC should be on the same subnet as the VMs.

> With regards to routing, you do need to set up a device to route
between
> the two networks.  How you do this depends on your planned
architecture.
> Do you want "true routing" or "NATed routing"?
>

> For true routing, set up the physical host with the Production and
Test