Title: Message
Use kill.exe to stop the service?
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Burkes, Jeremy [Contractor]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 10:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT: Service Recovery

I am setting up a batch file that will do the following:

- Send notification to IT admins
- Attempt to restart the service

I have completed my batch file and want to test it in our test environment.  Anyone have any idea how to get Windows 2000 to actually fail a service to test my batch file?  I can't seem to find a way to get Windows 2000 service to actually fail (maybe a good thing) to test the batch file any ideas?

Jeremy

Jeremy Burkes
Strategic Systems Program
MIS Department
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PH: 202-764-1270

"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"It is not how many times you get knocked down, it is how many times you get back up." - Vince Lombardi