The best docs (IMO) for adfind and most of the other joeware tools is the
online usage within the tool itself. Though I am thinking up a new design
for the online usage because of the number of switches now has grown
considerably. Probably break it out into required options, basic options,
advanced options. The first version of adfind only had 5 options/switches
and that is when I selected the usage format and have just followed suit
since. Those original options were -h,-gc,-c,-s,-dn. -b and -f were required
params and those became options after I added "special" base switches like
-root, -config, etc and some special rules for -f like if base search is
specified it converts the filter or sets the filter to be objectclass=*.
Also if filter isn't specified it should set the filter to be objectclass=*
as well.

Anyway for online usage... Type

Adfind /?

The basic format of the current adfind command is

AdFind [switches] [-b basedn] [-f filter] [attr list]

Note that order isn't critical. It could also be

AdFind [-b basedn] [-f filter] [attr list] [switches]

Or

AdFind [attr list] [switches] [-b basedn] [-f filter]

Attr list is a space delimited listing of what attributes you would like to
display. At the bottom of the usage you will see some examples:

  Ex1:
    adfind -b dc=joehome,dc=net -f "objectcategory=computer"
      Find all computer objects in joehome.net and displays all attributes

  Ex2:
    adfind -b dc=joehome,dc=net -f "objectcategory=computer" cn
createTimeStamp
      Find all computer objects in joehome.net and displays cn and
createTimeStamp

I have set up a php forum on the joeware website now where people can ask
questions like this. There are enough people now where folks are helping
each other out and answering each others questions plus I swing by every
couple of days or couple of weeks when I have time. Plus obviously there are
quite a few heavy hitters on this list who use it and understand its various
switches and such. Finally there is always email to me at joeware.net. My
email address is right in the header displayed by almost every joeware tool
at the end of the help. I have had the following in the usage screen for
joeware tools for a long time (years):

 This software is Freeware. Use it as you wish at your own risk.
 If you have improvement ideas, bugs, or just wish to say Hi, I
 receive email 24x7 and read it in a semi-regular timeframe.
 You can usually find me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]