Hi Jeff,

Concerning Exchange 2000, Windows 2003 and the Forest functional level DON'T forget the following as mentioned in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831809 (Exchange 2000 Recipient Update Service does not replicate changes successfully in forest functional level 1 or 2 in Windows Server 2003 Active Directory)
Cheers
Jorge

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeff Kraus
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 18:35
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] new 2003 domain controller in windows 200 forest.

Well Guys,
Here's what we're gonna do.
we currently have a 2000 based network (soon to move to 2003) containing 1 exchange 2000 server that is also DC( yes we are fixing that ! soon to exchange 2003) 3 SQL 2000 servers ,1 file /print server  (is  primary DC as well not to worry - big box -) and a few other member server preformin other user functions.

We are converting all these servers to from local disk to mirrored  Falcon Stor SAN Arrays.  All data and programs will reside on the san Arrays, only the os will be on the local disk.
The arrays Will  replicate  real time over a wan link to another San Arrary in  an office in houston. ( the dr site) the dir site will have 8 hp blades to function as backup servers to each of the current servers, In addition the office will have there own file/print/dc for their own use as well as an exchange server to host their email (these are the 2003 boxes im setting up now)
The Idea is for a few 5-10 key users to be able to fly to Houston  and begin work within 24 hours of current buiding failure. the rest of the users will report to a nother local site we will setup to allow them to work via a vpn to houston.

So thats what were gonna go . I hope you get the picture now ! :)