Isn’t there also concern about having the 1st 2003 DC in a remote location? I know once you upgrade your local server to 2003 you can transfer the FSMO roles, but I thought it would be best to have the 1st 2003 DC local?

From: Grillenmeier, Guido [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 1:18 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] new 2003 domain controller in windows 200 forest.

definitely give them an OU and I'd also urgently suggest you don't make the machine in that remote office a DC at all

=> first of all it's not required for 15 folks - you'll need it for other things such as file/print (they should easily be able to authenticate to your main office; assuming NW connectivity - which you'd also need to setup replication...)

=> secondly, it's much more secure, as you will likely not have much physical security in an office of 15 people and if you're using the one box for everything it's unsecure from a delegation perspective

/Guido