I could follow method three couldn't I?  I could remove Authenticated
Users and add in my Helpdesk Staff Security Group into the DDC GPO
Policy and then modify this default setting to enable them to add many
computers to the domain.

Someone please check my logic here.  Thanks

Method 3: Override the Default Limit of the Number of Computers an
Authenticated User Can Join to a Domain
You can override the default limit, using either of the following
methods: * Use the Ldp (Ldp.exe) tool included in the Microsoft Windows
2000 Resource Kit.
* Use an Active Directory Services Interface (ADSI) script to increase
or decrease the value of the Active Directory ms-DS-MachineAccountQuota
attribute. To do this:1. Install the Windows 2000 Support tools if they
have not already been installed. To install these tools, run Setup.exe
from the Support\Tools folder on the Windows 2000 Server or the Windows
2000 Professional CD-ROM.
2. Run Adsiedit.msc as an administrator of the domain.
3. Expand the Domain NC node. This node contains an object that begins
with "DC=" and reflects the correct domain name. Right-click this
object, and then click Properties.
4. In the Select which properties to view box, click Both.
5. In the Select a property to view box, click
ms-DS-MachineAccountQuota.
6. In the Edit Attribute box, type a number. This number represents the
number of workstations that you want users to be able to maintain
concurrently.
7. Click Set, and then click OK.