-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thommes, Michael M.
Sent: 14 February 2005 17:27
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] suggestions for tombstoned DC recovery?

One of our admins restored a DC from a backup greater than 60 days old. There
are no newer backup copies.  Replication is not working - "Access denied".
Also, the restored DC cannot be dcpromo'd out.  Rebuilding the computer from
scratch is not an option.  Repadmin and nltest operations are unsuccessful.
Does anyone have any tricks up their sleeve for getting this once-working DC
to "play nice again"?  I keep thinking that an nltest with a secure channel
reset option, followed by a repadmin operation with a force option using the
one good DC as an authoritative source - should be the answer.  But it doesn't
seem to work.  Any help is appreciated!  Thanks.

Mike Thommes