Hi Gary,

Without C programming, you can add a small VB script to the context menu (i.e.,
right-click menu) of a user in ADUC.

See the employeeID sample at the bottom of the page
http://www.kouti.com/scripts.htm

There is also a reference documentation of the user attributes as an Excel
sheet at http://www.kouti.com/tables.htm

And the instructions for using employeeID.vbs, or your modification of it, is
here:

1. Using ADSI Edit, locate the user-Display object (in CN=409,
CN=DisplaySpecifiers, CN=Configuration).

2. Select the adminContextMenu attribute. Add to the attribute the value "2,
Employee &ID, c:\test\employeeid.vbs" (without quotes). Do not remove the
existing values, and if number 2 is already in use, select a free number.

3. On the computer, where you will test or use ADUC, create the file
c:\test\employeeid.vbs and add the lines from my sample.

4. Start ADUC and right-click any user object, and you should see "Employee ID"
in the context menu.

Yours, Sakari

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx