Paul Gonzalez wrote:
I’ve been asked to retire a win2000 DC. My understanding is that I just need to run DCPromo. I’ve done this at home in my lab with no ill effects. The server doesn’t really hold any roles other that being a DC. Am I missing something? Is there more to it? Is there a doc or URL that you can point me to? Thanks in advance.

IF server is not holding any FSMO roles You are not misssing anything - it is so simple. If You have manually created relpication topology just make sure that this server was not a bridgehead server in some site and if you need so update replication topology to reflect removal of this server.

--
Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]