Title: OT (sort of) ADC entry in Active Directory
Not sure if you can delete it or not, however a raw forest with Exchange loaded without ever using ADC will have the Active Directory Connections container.

   joe

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Burkes, Jeremy [Contractor]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 8:22 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT (sort of) ADC entry in Active Directory

Everyone,
        We recently switched over to Exchange 2000 Native mode (successfully) making sure to remove config_ca, srs databases, and then uninstalling the Active Directory Connector from all the servers within our organization.  Switched to Exchange 2000 Native mode and waited for replication and all of the features of Exchange 2000 Native mode are present ie everything is running smoothly.  I was using ADSI Edit to check some things in the configuration container and noticed we still have a container called Active Directory Connections under Services\Microsoft Exchange.  In the container there is one object called Default ADC Policy.  I figured when we switched over it would be removed, nope.  Anyone have any ideas as to what I should do?  Delete it? Leave it?  It does not seem to be bother anything within our Exchange organization just bother me :^)

Jeremy

Jeremy Burkes
Strategic Systems Program
MIS Department
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PH: 202-764-1270

"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"It is not how many times you get knocked down, it is how many times you get back up." - Vince Lombardi