Title: RE: [ActiveDir] Ocra
We are doing the same thing here.  Although it is just using SFU on the DC's and having them replicate password changes to the nis server.  SFU fills our error logs on the DC, but it works fine.  I have not however seen the *nix kerberos to AD password synch work before.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Olegario, Alan
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 7:52 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Solaris authentication

In a previous job, I’ve been able to configure users on our Solaris/Linux boxes to authenticate against AD via kerb without purchasing any additional products.

First, you would need to configure the Kerberos client on the *nix box to talk to your AD domain.

Then, depending on the service you want the users to authenticate to, i.e. ssh, samba, ftp, and as long as there’s a PAM module for the service, you configure the service to use the Kerberos client.

That’s pretty much it in a nutshell.

If you do a Google search for the words ‘configure kerberos pam active directory’, you’ll find a lot of documents on how to configure this setup.