-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Medeiros, Jose
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 8:04 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Passwords from SQL

Hi Rick ,

Actually how is this off the point? He is looking for a solution that will
allow him to use the same user accounts in AD and authenticate against
MYSQL, right? He wants to save the time and labor of having to manually
update user accounts and passwords since they are maintained by two separate
systems and since there are no built in utilities in AD that allow him to
easily do so with an Open Source Database such as MYSQL.  I strongly believe
that by changing to a Microsoft SQL database this allows him to then use
integrated authentication and it would solve his problem ( He may not have
been aware that Microsoft SQL has had this feature since as far back as
version 6.5 ).

If the school can't even afford 2000.00 for an SQL database, I seriously
doubt that they would have an 8 way server that would easily cost 20,000 or
more.

But enough said, as far as I am concerned he has two choices and routes he
can take and it is up to him to  educate his management at the school
district office that he has such a need and that the solution has a small
cost. I am sure that any educator with common sense would concur that just
because some thing is free it does not always mean it is the best solution
and easiest to maintain for every environment.

Warmest regards,

Jose Medeiros
Former CIS instructor
San Jose City College