remove the value for "Disable Performance Counters"

steve
----- Original Message -----
From: "WILLIAMS, J.D." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 6:48 AM
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] ESE Perf Mon problems

Here's the key, I copied the entries from the KB article, except for the
Squeaky Lobster key, which I have also tried as the 'correct' key name
(escapes me now).  I have five DCs, all of which have the same problem.

The Disable Performance Counters key is added by the system after it fails
to initialize properly.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ESENT\Performance]
"Open"="OpenPerformanceData"
"Collect"="CollectPerformanceData "
"Close"="ClosePerformanceData"
"Library"="c:\\perf\\esentprf.dll"
"Squeaky Lobster"=dword:00000001
"Disable Performance Counters"=dword:00000001

Thanks,
JD