There is a white paper about this, it is supported under some strict
limitations.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=64DB845D-F7A3-4209-8ED2-E261A117FC6B&displaylang=en

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thu 16/06/2005 09:52
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Virtual Domain Controllers

All,
      Is anybody currently running Domain Controllers in VMware of Virtual
Server? Have there been any problems with this environment? There is a big
push at my company to virtualize every environment but, I am sure Domain
Controllers should be virtualized.
      One of my biggest concerns is the snapshot feature. I do not have
full control over the Domain Controllers and I worry that another Admin
will take a snapshot of the DC and make a few changes and if they don't
work, revert to the snapshot before the changes. Wouldn't this be the same
as using an older ghost image of the DC? I'm just looking for some feedback
to see if this is a viable solution.

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx