I believe you would still have to prep the forest and the domain in order
to even promote a 2003 DC in a 2000 domain.

             "Antonio Aranda"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             u>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             ail.activedir.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [ActiveDir] Can a 2003 server be a
             07/08/2005 10:24          domain controller in a 2000 domain?
             AM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                tivedir.org

I have a 2000 domain with a mix of 2000 and 2003 member machines.  There is
an offsite where all the member machines are 2003.  And I wanted to setup
an
alternative Domain controller at this site with what is already there.  I
am
in the process of planning and testing the upgrade to a 2003 domain but
until then I need a domain controller at this site.  So would 2003 domain
controller work in a 2000 domain at least temporary?

Antonio