It sounded to me like he needed a W2K DC for a while at a remote site
with no W2K boxes and was concerned about the impact a W2K3 DC would
have on the current W2K AD environment. A VM would allow the W2K DC
without requiring the W2K3 AD schema updates...

Charlie Kaiser
MCSE, CCNA
Systems Engineer
Essex Credit / Brickwalk