There was at least one thread lately about documenting the environment.
I've just found that Windows Media Encoder (free download) is superb for
this.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.as
px

It gives you the option on startup to capture video from the screen.
I've been using it to capture a terminal services window where I go
through various configuration settings.  This all gets saved to a .wmv
file so I've been getting good size results - typically about a couple
megs per server.  There's even an option for capturing audio, so I plan
on hooking up a microphone and maybe adding a few voice notes to certain
parts.

Clicking through screens is so much faster than typing up descriptions
of where each option is.  If you can't tell, I'm fairly excited about
the whole idea since documenting has been such a chore around here.
Anyway, enjoy.
List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx