From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 4:30 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Kerberos Delegation

Rick, I agree with your points on CD, but what are you talking about
here with "Act as part of the operating system"?  That doesn't need to
get enabled anywhere to use constrained delegation.

Generally, that only tends to get added to accounts on Windows 2000 that
need to call the LogonUser API, but it is not needed for that on XP or
2003.

The other reason is it sometimes needs is when a process wants to
directly create a security token for a user with impersonation
privileges via Kerberos S4U (protocol transition).  However, this is not
normally the case unless protocol transition is being done
programmatically.  The "automatic" version of protocol transition
doesn't need this.

If you were just using that as an example of a bad setting choice to
have to make, then I get it.  I just wanted to make sure there was no
cross up.

Thanks!

Joe K.