From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tony Murray
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 9:38 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Cross forest trust: universal groups

Hi all

I'm missing something here and I'm hoping you can give me a pointer.

Scenario:
2 single domain forests connected by a forest trust.

I want to add global groups from ForestB to a universal group in ForestA.  I go into ADUC in ForestA and click on the Members tab and select Add.  When I go to the Locations tab to select the domain from ForestB I only see ForestA as an available option.  Surely I should be able to add resources from ForestB to this universal group?  If I try to do the same thing with a domain local group in ForestA, I see the the domain in ForestB as an available option, so it looks like the trust is ok.

Any thoughts?

Tony