During the Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration, all public folders and system folders were moved to the first Exchange 2003 server and then removed from the Exchange 5.5 server using pfmigrate. Public folders and system folders were then replicated to other Exchange 2003 servers. The Exchange 5.5 server was then removed from the Exchange organization. This deleted exchange 5.5 server is listed as the Admin Group siteFolderServer.
The migration was completed 6 months ago, and nobody has reported any problems. If this were a critical issue, I also would have expected to see some type of problem arise. There are several replicas of the system folders, which is why I was hoping to find more information on the purpose of the siteFolderServer.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Mulnick
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:15
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] OT-Exchange 2003 Site Folder Server

Site Folder Considerations

The first Exchange server that is installed into an administrative group contains the administrative group's site folders. The site folders maintain copies of the offline address list and the free and busy data for that administrative group. The site folders also hold replicas of other site folders from other administrative groups. If you try to delete a store that contains the site folders, Exchange System Manager will not delete the store until the site folders have been re-homed to another server in the administrative group.

Therefore, to remove the first Exchange server in an administrative group, or to remove the public folder store that contains the site folders, you must first replicate the public folders to another Exchange server in the administrative group. Additionally, you must replicate the offline address list and the Schedule+ Free/Busy folder to another server.

Are you sure things are working correctly?  Those folders should be there for proper operation.

I would expect some issues if that copy is missing or incorrect, although it could be housed elsewhere and the updates didn't occur correctly.  Where's the server that's missing and what were you planning to do to correct the issue?