From: Kern, Tom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kern, Tom
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:30 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] disabling users

I only have time to learn one scripting lang.
i figured perl is the better way to go as i have to work with linux and solaris as well.

know of any good docs,books,sites on perl and COM+ or adsi?
something that will teach you both like the _vbscript_ resources do?

i really think there is a market for perl and AD/win32 out there that is untapped.
O'reilly has let most of their win32 perl books become outdated and stop at Win NT as has Dave Roth.

I'm not a programmer and i don't have time to learn multipe scripting langs, so i always thought perl would be the best way to go.
I find it as approachable as _vbscript_ but unlike _vbscript_, I don't find many rescources for using it on win32 systems.
I'm afraid learning perl and working with windows might be an uphill battle.
are there resources for teaching you how to use perl with cdo,wmi,adsi,ado,etc?
i'm not a total newbie to perl, i've used it on linux but i've never really done much on windows with activestate.
and as i've said, i'm not a programmer and i didn''t major in comp sci, so a lot of this stuff is not second nature to me and hasn't been pounded in for years.
so jumping from lang to lang for me is not really an option.

thanks