back up files and directories, including System State.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of joe
Sent: 05 October 2005 03:20
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Active Directory wish list

Yeah I can say that it isn't in Longhorn. As the dev guys put it, this
is a tough one. It wouldn't just be a nobrainer if they had separate
instances of AD, there are just tons of other things involved that make
it extremely difficult. It was something that was brought up in the
summit though, not sure how much I can say around it other than no, it
won't be there.

MS feels the focus of this is dramatically reduced now as well due to
the fact that VS is available and can run DCs. Also the Server Core DCs
helps here as well as the DCs will have a smaller footprint. If folks
are NOT in agreement with that assessment, definitely speak up, it is
too late for Longhorn but possibly the opportunity exists to convince
them for BlackComb.