Have you guys checked out the PtoV tool on VMware?

Rich Milburn wrote:

I kinda like the idea of running a DC in a VS machine, and having an
online realtime copy of it somewhere in addition to incremental
backups... and you should be able to bring up the vhd on any box, not
just one with similar hardware, and without having to go through Laura's
7 step DR plan :) (reference thread [ActiveDir] AD Restore Problem)

But can you have a VSS-type remote copy of your DC session vhd file?
(Forgive me if I bring up topics that were adequately addressed during
my hiatus in Windows Desktop Deployment World...)

---
Rich Milburn
MCSE, Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
Sr Network Analyst, Field Platform Development
Applebee's International, Inc.
4551 W. 107th St
Overland Park, KS 66207
913-967-2819
---
"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn
how to do it." - Pablo Picasso