________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rich Milburn
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 9:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] single login size in bytes?

Does anyone happen to know a rough idea how many bytes are transmitted
when a single user logs on to an XP box to a W2K3 AD, assuming cached
credentials aside?  I've been goog searching and finding a lot of
detailed info about replication but not much about the size of the
authentication packets etc.  I am digging out net monitor as I type
(well almost as I type) to see for myself, but anyone who would like to
comment on the feasibility of having XP machines on the far end of a 56K
frame circuit actually being members of the domain, please feel free to
let me know.  We're talking simple logging in, including a single GPO or
maybe two - but no replication, etc.  They do already get their email
using Outlook to a pst.

And please don't laugh.  This is a very serious issue. ;-)

Rich

---
Rich Milburn
MCSE, Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
Sr Network Analyst, Field Platform Development
Applebee's International, Inc.
4551 W. 107th St
Overland Park, KS 66207
913-967-2819
---
"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn
how to do it." - Pablo Picasso

        ________________________________

        -------APPLEBEE'S INTERNATIONAL, INC. CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE-------
        PRIVILEGED / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION may be contained in this
message or any attachments. This information is strictly confidential
and may be subject to attorney-client privilege. This message is
intended only for the use of the named addressee. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, unauthorized forwarding, printing,
copying, distribution, or using such information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this in error, you should
kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately destroy this
message. Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of
federal criminal law. Applebee's International, Inc. reserves the right
to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to and from this
e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be
stored on the Applebee's International, Inc. e-mail system.