You should be able to just do domain.com and it will pick up any child domains, unless you have a child that needs special priveledges.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Kern
Posted At: Monday, October 10, 2005 2:28 PM
Posted To: ActiveDirectory
Conversation: [ActiveDir] exchange confusion(OT)
Subject: [ActiveDir] exchange confusion(OT)

I have a contact with the addy of [EMAIL PROTECTED].

I created a smtp connector with an address space of *.domain.com.

when exchange 2k sends an email destined for [EMAIL PROTECTED] thru that smtp connector, it rewrites the addy in the RCPT TO: as [EMAIL PROTECTED], taking out the servename.

i see this in the smtp logs on the server and the remote server dosen't accept mail to that addy and is saying "relay not allowed".

Now, my question-
why is exchange rewriting the address just because i'm using a wildcard in the connector address space?
is this by design?

What if i wanted a connector going to every domain under domain.com like subdomain.domain.com and childdomain.domain.com ?
wouldn't i just create a connector with an address space of *.domain.com?

should exchange 2k just forward the email without changing the RCPT TO: headers?

am i wrong and clueless as usual?
what am i missing?

i'm running Exchange 2k post sp3 rollup in mixed mode(but no exchange 5.5 servers or ADC).

Thanks alot