I'm glad to hear someone else say this. SATA can work but you need to
look closely at what you're buying and what the manufacturer recommends.
If the manufacturer doesn't trust their own products for the sort of
24*7 hammering you often get in a server then why bet against them? Who
are we to assume we know a product better than the people who designed
and built it?

> If you virtualize anything on top of that,
> some other considerations would be needed of course. (or Dell
> or IBM equivalent of course).

I'd still personally be uncomfortable with virtualising all my DCs, even
onto different physical virtual server hosts, I just don't believe in
adding extra layers of complexity to fundamental network services if I
can help it.

--
Robert Moir
Microsoft MVP (Security, Virtual PC)