-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Danny
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 3:50 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Improving your AD's fault tolerance with old hardware?

Correct me if I am wrong, but assuming the more DC's you have in your
forest, the more fault tolerant your Active Directory will become, is it
therefore worth it to use retired, possibly out of (hardware) warranty
servers or workstations for this purpose if you are budget-less (to purchase
new servers)? In this case, I am referring to orgs with 20-200 AD users.

How about GC's and other related AD roles and critical software based
services?  Same deal?

Thank you,

...D