nope, no known impact (unless you have specifically deployed an app that makes use of this service - none of the MS apps do, which is why the service is disabled by default in Win2003).

however, if you want to make sure, why don't you just reverse your disabling process: first disable all clients, then disable the service on the DCs.

Don't forget to cleanup the records underneath your domain's System\FileLinks\ObjectMoveTable and System\FileLinks\VolumeTable containers as these will surely contain a lot of garbage.

/Guido

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of AD
Sent: Montag, 28. November 2005 17:40
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Disabling "Distributed Link Tracking Server" on domain Controllers

As anyone found any issues in disabling the "distributed link tracking server" on windows 2000 server domain controllers?

I would like to take a two step approach in disabling this useless service. First on the DCs and them on all workstations. I was just wondering if there would be an impact on the clients seeing that cannot communicate with the server.

Thanks

Yves