We went through that a while back. If your current environment is not running properly group policies won't apply correctly. They will be hit and miss as to which workstations they apply to. AD problems usually track back to DNS problems

Fix your current problems first..

Mike
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Jitendra Kalyankar
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:39 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] W2K & W2K3 environment.

Here is scenario that is currently being played in my company. We have W2K AD in place,
we are not using GPOs except one or two. Now suddenly they (read managers) realized that
we need to implement GPO extensively. There are issues with current AD infrastructure like
replication is not proper, DNS etc. And other thing is my company has at least 12 different
language that we have to support on Windows XP OS.

Now there are two groups in company one is saying go for fixing the existing infrastructure
and second is saying go for W2K3 since the W2K is almost non-existant. My question to list
is what would you suggest in this situation. Any insights, inputs are more than welcome. Also
I will keep posted about the decision we (read managers) make, we are having a meeting with
Microsoft for this but just as heads up I need to understand obvious pitfalls if any.

--
Sincerely,
Jitendra Kalyankar