-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of joe
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:51 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] password changer

> I could also argue that automation one of most important tasks
> in system administration and therefore scripting is a 'must know'
> for nearly every sys admin

Hi, I'm joe, I guess we haven't met. For this exercise you may call me
the
choir.

> (think about MSH - it will IMO _enforce_ this requirement)

I completely disagree. MSH will not make it any easier or push any more
people into scripting unless MS does something to significantly simply
it,
specifically the object model. It is more geared towards existing
scripters
or programmers. Its big benefit, IMO, will be to make it so things that
previously had to be done via compiled code can be done in script.
Something
I have recommended to Iain M. in email is that they have all GUI tools
output MONAD output for every operation so that non-scripters (and heck
scripters too) can get a ready made script of what they just did and
then
tweak it to do other things.