What would be the decision point?  I mean, how would you know that a particular message should be sent from a certain domain vs. another?

Al

On 1/5/06, Mark Parris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Guys,

I know this is a little off topic but, I need direction. We have an exchange org that supports two totally different smtp addresses. ie   [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] and the users have two mailboxes in outlook the 123.com address being the primary which opens the @ abc.com mailbox.

The issue I have is that when a user sends a new email they have to populate the from field dependant on who they are sending as. Can this be automated with a fool proof method of always sending from the correct address, either with a prompt or always sending as when in a specific mailbox? The method utilised will have to work for all the tools in the box, not just the sharpest.

The only fool proof method I can think of is one mail box per address and separate profiles but they are not happy with this solution as only one mail box is open at a time then.

Regards,

Mark