Look at netdom.exe

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of AdamT
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 3:03 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] AD computer accounts being removed

On 1/18/06, Crawford, Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For example, if the
> domain box shows MICROSOFT, change it to Microsoft.com or vice-versa.

> This seems to trigger a domain rejoin without having to join the
workgroup.

> snip

On a side-note - is there a command line utility which will allow a
workstation to be renamed/joined to a domain?

I'm aware of a way of creating a computer account using the NET command,
but this has to be done from the server, and ideally, I'm hoping there's
a way of joining from the NT4/2kpro/XP workstations.

--
AdamT
"Maidenhead is *not* in Kent"