    *From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of
    *Creamer, Mark
    *Sent:* Friday, 3 February 2006 6:18 AM
    *To:* ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
    *Subject:* [ActiveDir] distributing large service pack files

    The structure of our WAN is such that we have lots of small
    offices all over the country, each with a few to a hundred or so
    PCs, connected by not-so-fast links. The biggest locations have
    T1s, but many don’t. Keeping these things patched is a nightmare.
    We do not have distributed servers, and really nothing except the
    PCs themselves to cache something for local delivery. Which brings
    me to my question…is it even conceivable that something like an
    internal-only BitTorrent could be leveraged to distribute
    something as large as a service pack? I think it might be more
    efficient than a 3^rd party patch management solution or WSUS,
    which I can’t use because of not having distributed file caches.
    If this is nutty, dish out the dirt, but I’ll want to understand
    why it’s nutty too J

    Thanks

    ***Mark Creamer*

    *Systems Engineer*

    Cintas Corporation | 6800 Cintas Boulevard | Mason, OH 45040

    Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cintas.com

    This e-mail transmission contains information that is intended to
    be confidential and privileged. If you receive this e-mail and you
    are not a named addressee you are hereby notified that you are not
    authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this
    communication without the consent of the sender and that doing so
    is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please reply to the message
    immediately by informing the sender that the message was
    misdirected. After replying, please delete and otherwise erase it
    and any attachments from your computer system. Your assistance in
    correcting this error is appreciated.

--
Letting your vendors set your risk analysis these days? http://www.threatcode.com