good points - usually the hardest ones to figure out.

and if you knew AD well and the forest is setup "appropriately", you might also want to leverage SIDhistory.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bahta, Nathaniel V Contractor NASIC/SCNA
Sent: Freitag, 10. Februar 2006 18:19
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Hiding in the Directory

If I were wanting to hide out in the directory, and didnt know much about Active Directory, but had a fair amount of general knowledge about computers, I would check into the Active Directory hotel under a fake name with the Mrs and I.  I would call myself Intrasite Topology Generation Account or something sounding official and then use that as my runas buddy.  Or I could just create a group called Federated Forest Knowledge Consistency Checker's and then give the Topology Generation account membership to it, and then give the Federated Forest Knowledge Consistency Checker all the user rights of whatever kind of admin I would hope to be.  I might even install some services and make them sound official like Directory Services Cylic Redundancy Checker and make the Topology generation Account the service account it runs under as well.  Why try to create a backdoor when you can just create another front door?  Kinda like the fake laundry service gag to break out of prison you always see in the movies.

Nate