You may want to change the policy processing preferences so that you need
the "User Group Policy loopback processing mode" policy configured.

You can find this policy under Computer Configuration\Administrative
Templates\System\Group Policy folder.

There will be two options: Replace and Merge.

Replace - The user settings in the computer's GPOs replace the user settings
applied to the user.

Merge - combine the user settings in computer's GPOs and User's GPOs. If
conflict, user settings in computer's GPOs take preference.

Hope this helps.

You should also consider changing the design of your Group Policy
infrastructure. You may want to take advantage of the flexibility of User
Configurations and Computer Configurations. You may design your GPOs to fit
your requirements.

Nuo Yan - MS MVP
University of Washington
http://msmvps.com/nuoyan