From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bart Van den Wyngaert
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 15:43
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] OT : Query DNS using wildcards?

Hello Ulf,

I agree on the point that it would open up an attack surface, but on the other hand we want to keep our environment clean when a server is at the end of lifecycle.

In a lot of cases the server is already powered off some week before we start cleaning the different environments (to be sure there is nothing forgotten). In case of a cluster, you have several hosts registered into DNS and IP's for all the resources. We're looking into a way to retrieve that info without the need to power on the server again...

Best regards,
Bart