When talking about "a software solution to restore deleted objects" I know
about:
Netpro's RestoreADmin
Quest's Recovery Manage for AD

I don't know the price of both products (I guess per managed object or
something like that) but I would be interested in knowing where the break even
point is compared to a hardware solution.

And for a hardware solution you can use:
* just hardware, where you need at least 1 DC per domain in the lag site (for
each day of the week that would be 7 DCs per domain) (not forgetting licensing
for the server OS)
* hardware combined with software (e.g. ESX/GSX or virtual server)  (not
forgetting licensing for the server OS and the the virtual solution)

I'm very interested in hearing what folks have chosen and how much it costs and
of course why that particular solution. Of course don't forget to mention the
type of environment and size

but let's start by pinging Rick...

ping rick.kingslan.microsoft

;-)