From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Adner
Sent: Freitag, 3. März 2006 20:47
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] AD Lag Sites

I think you're trying to compare apples and oranges.  Yes, both solutions can help reduce the time it takes to perform a restore (give a specific scenario), but that's basically it.  Lag sites are single snapshots based on the number of lag sites you deploy.  The products you mention below are true backup solutions that you could, if you wanted to, perform hourly, daily, weekly, etc backups, all of which can be restored as needed.  They also typically allow attribute level restores.

So if lag sites are N dollars and the software is Y dollars it doesn't really say much.  You need to evaluate your own restore requirements and budget to determine what's best.  It's my opinion most customers don't need lag sites and that it's a distraction from the normal backup processes they're probably failing to properly implement.  But that's just me.