Hi,

Im having a problem with the ResetPassword permission. I have a script
that changes a users password, which the IT bods use here. The script
requires that the IT bods have the Reset Password permission on all the
OUs that they manage.

The problem we have is that the Reset Password permission only seems to
work if I assign it to each IT bod individually. I would like to create
an "IT BOD" security group, and include each IT bod in it, then assign
that group the Reset Password perm. However, if I do that, the IT bods
are unable to reset passwords for people, it only works if they have the
permission set individually. Clearly this is gonna be a pain with 10
admins and 4 ous :S

Any idea why I would be able to assign users the Reset Password perm
individually but NOT assign it to a group ?

Olly

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx