I have a group of applications (ie. Sibel etc) running from Unix boxes
using AD for LDAP.   I'm wanting to put in a Lag Infrastructure.

The queries from these APPs basically look at mydomain.mycomapny.com 389.
That's about as smart as they get.  So, I know this isn't  a AD problem but
if I want my lag I have to figure this out for them.  I don't want one of
the lag servers to return there query (stale info). I have read thew a
couple of LAG threads here and not really found anything referring to my
exact problem. I know I can kill all the SRV records and keep the windows
boxes out but I have to keep the cname to let this replicate on schedule.

Anyone tried something like putting in a DNS record with just the DC's they
want to return queries?

LDAPSERVERS.mydomain.mycompany.com

Am I way off base(DN) sorry bad j/k

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx