Laura E. Hunter wrote:
Based on the trace you posted, I'm also raising an eyebrow about your
SMB signing levels. IE, you may have SMB signing mandatory on the
server service on the 2K3 boxen, while SMB signing isn't enabled on
the client service on the 2K box. Look for mismatches in the following
two settings on both the 2K and 2K3 box:

Microsoft network client: Digitally sign communications (if server agrees)
Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always)

Laura,

You're an angel. I had looked at those settings yesterday and stopped on the w2k3 side at MS Client Sign if Server agrees.

Changed

Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always)

and my w2k DC is no more. :-)

Thank you very much.

        al

- Laura E. Hunter