From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of AWS
Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2006 6:35 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] pw reset domain account

There's a proposal at my company for a self service password reset website which uses a shared domain account. It's similar to a kiosk configuration, but the intent is to publicize the account and password so that it can be used from any users' pc when needed.

They have an account-specific OU/GPO configuration which locks down the typical stuff you would expect, but my position is that there are too many unknown vectors for such an account to be abused.

Since I don't dabble in the various black hat utils du jour, does anyone have any thoughts on how a globally known domain account could be hacked upon? Conversely, is there any way such an account could be effectively locked down?

Thanks,

AW