re:"Anyone who has TAMs... Start screaming now..."

Done from here.

-DaveC

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of joe
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:42 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Account Password Expiration Tool

A comprehensive list of attributes and values doesn't exist; I have
thought about setting up a dynamic webpage backending into a MySQL DB on
my website for a long time but just haven't done it.

However for userAccountControl you can look at this enumeration:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/adsi/ad
si/a
ds_user_flag_enum.asp

If you go up one level from that you will find several enumerations for
some of the attributes. Keep in mind that there are some flags that
actually are valid for ADSI in general but not for LDAP, for instance,
ADS_UF_LOCKOUT works for the WinNT provider but not the LDAP provider.
Again, no comprehensive docs exist for that, it is all one offs that
people run into.
Actually that is pretty pathetic in my opinion but hey, at least we get
some info.

Now for your other specific questions...

All user accounts that must change password at next logon, that is
handled by a combination of the pwdLastSet attribute and the domain
policy for password aging which is in the maxPwdAge attribute and the
current time/detae and the userAccountControl. If the account is set to
not expire, it won't ever force a password change, if that isn't set
then there is a combination of the password age and the maxpwdage and
the current time. The easiest way to deal with this is findexpacc. If
you just want all accounts that have never set a password or have been
forced to change password at next logon that is a little easier, you
look for pwdLastSet=0.

All computers running Win2K pro would be handled by looking at the
operatingsystem attribute. I don't recall the actual string for Windows
2000 Professional but I expect that is the string, Windows Server 2003
is Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Pro is Windows XP Professional. MSFT,
again, in their infinite wisdom currently has Vista set as Windows Vista
(copyright
symbol) Ultimate. The copyright symbol is completely moronic in there as
it blows out people trying to look for the machines with command line
tools with really efficient queries. They have no choice but to wildcard
the strings. I bugged it, it was rejected, Eric jumped into the fray and
got it going again but just the same it seems we may end up losing and
it getting out into the OEM launch. Anyone who has TAMs... Start
screaming now, that is going to be a pain if it gets out there. I refuse
to figure out a way around it and will just say that MSFT was stupid and
didn't listen when I pitched it as a bug back in Beta 1.

For excldn, it probably didn't work due to misunderstanding or mistake,
my code is perfect. ;o)  No seriously, if you have spaces in strings
that are passed as command line parameters, you need to use quotes.
Special characters need to be escaped, this isn't an issue with oldcmp,
it is the command line interpretor interpreting things in the way you
type them instead of how you intend them and passing that to my tools.
Also if you pass multiple DNs the proper delimiter needs to be supplied
(by default I think it is ; but would have to look to be sure) or else
adfind doesn't know what you mean. I am also not good at divining intent
versus what was typed.

O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition -
http://www.joeware.net/win/ad3e.htm