Title: Replication Problem After DC Demotion

Are the DNS client settings on the DC in the remaining site maybe pointing to the old DC?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Riley, Devin
Sent: Friday, 14 July 2006 12:35 p.m.
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Replication Problem After DC Demotion

We just demoted a W2K DC in our primary site. The demotion was successful and the NTDS object associated with the DC was removed from AD Sites & Services.

In our only other site, the one domain controller is reporting replication problems. Replmon is reporting the following: The DSA Operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

The error code from replmon is 8524

Over an hour has passed. The replication topology is automatic and we have all default settings in regards to replication schedules etc.

Any suggestions?

Devin

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of this communication or disclose anything about it. Thank you. Please note that this communication does not designate an information system for the purposes of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002.