Just looking further in to this, it seems telephoneAssistant and
secretary are the fields that appear in outlook - both of which are
free text input.

It begs the question of what the DN field of 'assistant' actually
does.  Surely if it is expecting a distinguished name, it must be used
for something, somewhere?

Anyone know what?