Isn't DSI being discussed in great detail at Blackhat starting tomorrow.. or am I mistaken and just thinking about the blog post again?
http://blog.joeware.net/2006/07/11/445/

Brett Shirley wrote:
I've always followed a DSI[1] access model, it definately supercedes in
every way what RBS[resource], RBS[role], ABS, CBS, NBC, ABC can provide

[1] DSI = Defending Security Infrastructures

-B